This could be caused by a few different issues outside of the App although it could also be caused by the auto-pause function. If a person is not moving for a certain time, the App will pause recording, but if the phone moves slowly, such as at a slow walking pace, it will not record this as movement, until the phone is detected as moving faster. Then it will start the movement again and this could cause a very high recorded speed. Another way this would be caused would be when out biking on a forest trail or covered location, which would probably include a shirt pocket. Here the GPS signal is not consistently reaching the phone so could be activating the pause function. This is a limitation of GPS in general and is why we encourage the use of our Bike Mount cases to improve signal clarity.
Articles in this section
- I’m experiencing error 403 when posting to Facebook.
- I’m experiencing error 400 when posting on Facebook.
- Is Bike Brain anticipated for Android?
- Unable to post my rides to Facebook
- Can you explain the ascent and descent values. I assume it calculates the vertical rise and fall of your ride. But I don’t know that I believe what it says.
- How much internet allowance would it utilize say on a 1 hour ride? I also do 4 hour, 6 hours rides etc so I can simply multiply the 1 hour amount. I need to ensure my 500 MB allowance will cover it.
- I bought the BikeBrain app for my iPhone 4. Forgive my ignorance, but will I use up data when I’m riding and, if so, how much?
- How do I delete a ride so it will not contribute to the cumulative total for Bike 1? Can I add data for a ride that was not tracked with the app, as well?
- I get the same pop up “you’ve already made this in app purchase but it hasn’t been downloaded.”. How do I download it then?
- I have purchased the full version of the app through my iPhone 4. Nothing happened, when I pressed the "purchase upgrade" button again it says "this app has been purchased but hasn't been downloaded", how do I fix this?